About The Position
REE is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the new standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players and technology companies to engineer, manufacture and deploy a cutting-edge solution for tomorrow’s vehicles.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Logistics Specialist to lead all logistics activities for operations, this will include all aspects of transportation, packaging & related customs & duties as it impacts on operations. Drive global logistic process, policy & procedures to minimize logistics cost and develop operational excellence. Develop & support local plant logistics in supply chain management and logistics process. Participate as a member of Global Supply Chain Management team, supporting international trade compliance programs. Contribute to the optimization of the transport flow & costs associated with REE’s global operations. The Logistics Manager also has the responsibility for service & performance levels provided by transport companies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Manage costs & relationships between transport companies and to optimize logistics flows to minimize transport spend budget & maximize company gross margin
· Responsibility for all commercial activity and selection of logistics companies including (Preparing RFQ packs, contracts, and negotiation)
· To manage & report against the budget and spend for transport and be responsible to deliver YoY savings proportionate to the spend
· Facilitate international transport provider negotiations & management
· Analyze transportation lanes: modes, ship terms, consolidations and recommend improvements
· Select transport providers for surface and air needs. Investigate opportunities for Global contracts. Perform price negotiations with transport providers.
· Participate in product launch teams for all logistic activities
Customs & Compliance:
· Complete import customs clearance for UK Operations
· Checking correctness and accuracy of all incoming invoices HTS codes etc.
· Professional and expert contact for all customs issues (import, export, preferences)
· Review, modify and determine the applicable HTS codes.
· Analysis, applying for and checking the benefits of customs certificates (e.g., AEO etc.)
· Manage costs & relationships for packaging providers & companies and to optimize logistics flows to minimize packaging spend budget & maximize company gross margin
· Responsibility for commercial activity and selection of packaging companies, including preparing RFQ packs, negotiation, and contracts
· Define best in class practices for packaging including scenarios and cost models for returnable versus expendable options
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration HNC/D or APICS/CIPS equivalent
• 5 years of experience in international transport or related fields
• Experience in Import/Export documentation, Harmonized Tariff System (HTS)
• General understanding of SAP and Tenneco systems
• Strong background in operations and global supply chain management
· 10 years Logistics experience within automotive or FMCG
· Clear understanding customs & import & export compliance & International shipping global Air, sea & road freight streams & systems
· Experience of operational multiple site - multi country supply chains
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Microsoft Office (all applications)
· SAP ERP
· Transport Management Systems (TMS)
· Lean or 6 sigma equivalents
· Customs and Compliance
· Commercial negotiation and management
· 50% Domestic & International (Covid permitting)