Principal Engineer – Chassis Mechanical
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
REE is looking for a Principal Engineer – Chassis Mechanical to support REE’s rapid growth.
- Be a role model for excellence in mechanical design for volume production across the whole business
- Structured decision making for manufacturing processes
- Supporting documentation and engineering processes
- Best practice data management
- Take responsibility for timely Production Tooling Release of all mechanical suspension components
- Manage component validation by generating and executing test plans either in-house or with suppliers
- Work with across the organization to execute all technical and commercial requirements
- Mentor and support all team members
- Work with the Supply Chain function to ensure successful outcomes from suppliers
- Work with manufacturing team to support best practice processes
- Work with Supply Quality Engineering team (SQE) and other quality teams to resolve any product quality issues
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 10 years experiences in product development
- Minimum 5 years of engineering group management experience
- Knowledge of chassis components and production methods
- Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- High energy and proactive attitude towards problems and challenges
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done