Mechanical Systems Principal Engineer
About The Position
REE Automotive is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking an experienced Principal Engineer for Mechanical Systems to support REE’s rapid growth and development.
- Responsible for the delivery of REE corner mechanical systems (Suspension Systems, Subframe Structure and related components) which meet program-specific targets including functional performance, quality, cost and timing.
- Responsible for chassis systems development from initial concept through to Engineering Sign-Off and supporting program management gateways
- Set and deliver Cost and weight targets for all REE corner systems.
- Ensure Regulatory compliance of all REE corner systems (subframe, suspension and fixings)
- Develop System Design Specifications incorporating engineering standards, test procedures and material specifications.
- Ensure that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
- Facilitate Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA, quality history reviews development tests.
- Identify opportunities to reduce complexity, cost and weight.
- Support Purchasing team in Sourcing and RFQ activities
- Managing the mechanical systems team, planning projects and reporting on progress to management
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 10 years experiences in product development
- Have proven experience of developing and delivery of subframe, and / or suspension system from concept to production within an OEM or tier 1 organization, able to demonstrate you have delivered at least 2 programs from concept to SOP.
- Knowledge at expert level of component design for cast and forged components
- Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Managing workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
- Team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team