Junior Control Engineer
About The Position
Junior Control Engineer
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking a Junior Control Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth.
As Junior Control Engineer your role will be to support the design, development and implementation of our REE Center Controller Application Software to ensure REE Architecture meets functional and performance requirements. This role involves collaboration with Control Team, System Team and Hardware Team to capture functional requirements from concept phase to production launch.
- Implement control functions in Simulink/Stateflow
- Perform Software testing in Model and Software In the loop (MIL/SIL)
- Requirement base testing of functions with validation and verification tool
- Support the development of Test specifications to validate Control Software at the HIL rig
- Support functional testing and debug at the HIL rig
- Analysis of Software and System requirements and investigate solutions to implement in the Application Software
- Support Integration of Software Components with signal interface definitions
- Design and implement of application software following Control Team Change Control Request and Process
- Provide Software documentation and Design documents following Control Team Process
- Support Control Team Software Engineers and line Manager as required by priorities aligned with the position
- Deliver Software tasks allocated during the Project sprints to meet delivery timeline plan and key milestones
- Provide input during Software Team Meetings and Reviews
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Computer science, Automotive engineering, Aerospace engineering or similar
- Proficiency in control and estimation theory, vehicle dynamics and torque vectoring
- Previous experience in Control Development in Model Based Design using MathWorks toolchain
- Understanding of MIL, CIL, HIL testing techniques for Unit and System tests
- Practical knowledge of Vehicle network communication knowledge CAN
- Experience of working with real-time hardware interfaces
- Understanding of V-Cycle in Automotive industry
- C programming knowledge
- Flexibility, quick learner in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Office Location: Combination home office / remote working and REE Corporate UK Office: CV10 0TU (within the Mira facility)