Attribute Lead – Durability & Robustness
About The Position
REE is disrupting and revolutionizing the electric mobility industry and aims at becoming the standard for the future electric vehicle architecture. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as REE and no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. REE is at the epicentre of the electric mobility revolution that will completely change the world to a cleaner place.
We collaborate with worldwide, leading automotive players and technology companies to facilitate the development, engineering and assembly of our technology and bring it to automotive-grade, mass-production worthy products.
We are looking for a Durability Attribute Lead Engineer based at our UK Engineering Center
In this position you will be responsible for benchmarking, generating, tracking and reporting vehicle durability and robustness targets from concept stage to engineering sign-off. You will create benchmark reports and assist in the definition of system target requirements, including corrosion standards, reliability predictions, analytical and physical validation.
· Lead Longitudinal Durability & Robustness attribute activities for all company programs
· Define corrosion requirements and validation standards for each product
· Track, report and commit to program performance targets
· Working with the Principal system lead engineers, identify and support benchmarking studies, authoring reports
· Assist in the definition of system target requirements definitions together with requirement engineers
· Perform and present benchmarking studies
· Integration of advanced concepts to support optimization studies
· Collaborate with other Simulation Engineers to set up, run and process Performance simulations
· A degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
· Have at least 5 years’ experience within a vehicle attribute engineering environment with a high standard of automotive technical knowledge
· Possess a customer focused mindset
· Experience with electric vehicle design and delivery
· Requirements capture and development of supporting engineering documentation
· Ability to generate, communicate and present technical material
· Proficiency in simulation and benchmarking tools (i.e. MATLAB, ADAMS, CarMaker, Excel) - Advantage
· Good knowledge of vehicle proving grounds and facilities in the UK and abroad
· Practical work experience with hands-on vehicle systems design process and sign-off