Resident Engineer - Spain
About The Position
REE is disrupting and revolutionizing the electric mobility industry and aims at becoming the standard for the future electric vehicle architecture. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as REE and no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. REE is at the epicentre of the electric mobility revolution that will completely change the world to a cleaner place.
We collaborate with worldwide, leading automotive players and technology companies to facilitate the development, engineering and assembly of our technology and bring it to automotive-grade, mass-production worthy products.
The Program Management team is responsible for managing all program activities, inbound and outbound, and creating a consolidated plan of the company’s customer projects. The Resident Engineer, being part of the Program Management team, is REE’s frontline and primary point of contact for technical program related matters, responsible for daily synchronization between REE and the customer and serving as REE’s onsite ambassador.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, customer-facing and Tech Savvy Resident Engineer to be REE’s onsite technical representative based in Girona, Spain, with travel when required to Lyon, France.
- Be the technical point of contact between the Customer and REE’s Program Management and Operations teams from program award, through to mass production
- Support all REE teams (Mechanical, Electrical, Software, System, Validation, Operations) capable of interacting and leading related technical discussions and activities
- First tier technical support for field issued. Be able to understand the issue, provide an immediate remedy, gather all related information and initiate issue resolution process with the relevant teams
- Conduct initial root cause analysis on field issues, both HW and SW, found during customer testing
- Navigate REE-customer’s organizational processes
- Support field implementation of new products and configurations such as FW flash, product updates and field tests activities
- Gather customer feedback and dispatch to relevant REE teams (such as Operations, Product and R&D)
- Coordinate and lead technical customer's meetings as required (design reviews, engineering change requests, testing, quality, open issues, training, etc.)
- Responsible for the logistics, implementation and delivery of parts and software to the customer
- Review engineering documents with the customer, ensure customer is comprehending all technical aspects, provide answers to any customer questions and obtain customer’s approval
- Support engineering change request process
- Support customer vehicle testing and component-level test-benches at their site
- Report periodically on REE’s current status and capabilities as perceived by the customer
- Support customer escalation process and be ready to deliver a potentially challenging message to the customer
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering – must; Master’s Degree in Engineering – preferable
- At least 5 years of customer-facing, technical experience – must; Resident Engineer experience – highly preferable
- People-oriented, conflict resolving personality, strong relationship-builder
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed personality. Ability to lead and decide without constant supervision and management
- Results oriented personality. Drive to deliver
- Technical savvy, passionate with hands-on engineering support
- Smart and challenging, be able to anticipate issues and solve problems creatively
- Experience in automotive industry – highly preferable
- R&D experience – highly preferable