Senior Business Development Manager
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
REE is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to be responsible for all REE activity and to execute REE’s business strategy within Japan.
Will be reporting to REE’s VP Business Development
· Creates and executes biz dev strategies, develop and fosters business opportunities with new customers and strategic partners while meeting relevant KPI’s
· Develop and maintain an ongoing strong pipeline of new business opportunities that fit with the company’s core business
· Drive all business activities to achieve the business strategy, profitable growth, operation and manage the profit and loss (P&L) contribution target
· Demonstrates effective closing skills and ability to win new business while maintaining and protecting existing business channels
· Administers new business; communicating and following-through at each stage to ensure the company is aligned with customer needs, deadlines are met, and agreements are fully implemented in a timely manner
· Creates and executes strategies to maximize opportunities with new customers while maintaining profit margins
· Creates and delivers effective presentations to customers in one-on-one or group settings
· Leads cross-functional teams through the process from initial RFx through full implementation and first deliveries to the customer/partner.
· Lead new projects with complete project costing and quoting process
· Shows the ability to effectively network to build additional customer relationships
· Prepares reporting for current and prospective business including short- and long-range projections
· Drive major projects and programs on local and international levels
· Ensures compliance to internally and externally facing financial, fiduciary, local and internal laws and codes and other regulations
· Ensures the people in his / her organization are capable, motivated, and are given the appropriate level of direction to achieve their best for the local affiliate
· Promotes company’s profile and ensures productive and legally appropriate relations with business partners, customers and country authorities.
· Ensuring the culture and values of the local organization are consistent with those of the corporation.
· Previous General Manager or other Senior managerial role in the technology sector with at least 8 years’ experience working in the Automotive industry in a customer facing role
· Have a strong international business development track record either in automotive or high tech.
· Proven track record for growing new business
· Vast experience in drafting and negotiating agreements with OEMs and automotive players
· Able to bridge the startup / scale up environment with more traditional working environments
· Able to manage stressful and sometimes unclear challenges
· Having worked in an international fast-pace environment
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· English- mother tongue level, other European languages an asset
· Strong quantitative capabilities and creative thinking abilities
· Has the ability to track and manage multiple customer programs from inception to implementation
· Have strong interpersonal skills and customer empathy
· Be Customer Success driven
· Have strong leadership and influencing skills
· Be able to collect, analyze, present data in support of recommendations
· Possess the ability to foster working relationships and establish trust across organizational lines both internally and with customers
· Be highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a fast-paced environment
· Be willing to travel to customer and regional sales sites as needed