Electrical Materials Buyer
About The Position
REE is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs.
We work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Electrical Materials Buyer to be responsible for developing and implementing R&D and Production activities in alignment with corporate strategic purchasing initiatives.
· Sourcing, select, and purchase quality products and materials.
· Requires the demonstrated knowledge of electronic components including PCB assemblies and the ability to read and understand technical documents such as BOM and drawings.
· Recommend and implement cost improvement initiatives to increase margins and achieve departmental goals.
· Efficient in record keeping, physical inventory, preparing and maintaining spreadsheets, as well as weekly/monthly reporting.
· Familiar with ERP software and understand the products and processes.
· Effectively develop, build and maintain strong supply chain and vendor relationships.
· Issues and manages purchase orders to support manufacturing and engineering. material requirements.
· Investigates, develops, and obtains quotations from suppliers to ensure best total cost/value for assigned commodities.
· Takes actions needed to assure on-time supplier delivery of required goods.
· Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
· 5 + years of experience with purchasing, cost value analysis, cost calculation in the automotive industry.
· Excellent knowledge in electronic components procurement.
· Proven project management experience, negotiation and problem-solving skills, excellent systems aptitude.