Vehicle Integration Lead Engineer
About The Position
REE Automotive is changing the electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. REE’s disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. REE’s EV platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
REE is supported by an exclusive network of Tier 1 automotive partners providing access to 320 global production lines, effectively making REE the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
REE is seeking an experienced Vehicle Integration Lead Engineer to support REE’s rapid growth and development.
The Vehicle Integration Lead Engineer is a technical expert, leading engineers from design specifications and requirements to achieving product specification and market standards through verification and validation using both virtual & physical test methods.
- Lead and own the development of whole vehicle test plans to meet both functional and attribute test specification and requirements
- Responsible for leading system engineers in defining tests, planning, managing test properties and facilities to meet programme timing & cost
- Lead vehicle sign off events, data evaluation and analysis of the test work, initiating issues and supporting resolution for root cause analysis.
- Plan, prepare and submit vehicles for successful global homologation, certification and type approval
- Ensure prototype build phase timing, vehicle quantities and specification support the requirements for vehicle level testing, development to meet ESO
- Lead vehicle attribute benchmarking, characterisation and target setting using various subjective and objective methods
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are in place for both the test property and users.
- Degree qualified in Engineering / related discipline
- Excellent communication skills and cross functional working practice
- Significant automotive industry knowledge an experience in delivering verification & validation, vehicle fleet and test management within an OEM or tier 1 organisation.
- Practitioner level understanding of methods and tools used in vehicle validation including benchmarking, DVP&R, DFMEAs, problem solving and special development vehicle requirements
- Knowledge of attribute targets delivery in both virtual and physical vehicle development
- Knowledge of processes and typical toolsets such as issue capture and resolution, requirements, test case management and reporting systems such as Polarion, RMDV2, and design tools including Catia V6
- Have a good all-round engineering knowledge, i.e., material selection, tolerancing, FEA, component manufacturing processes, quality control, etc.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel, Word, and Project
- Team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team