Senior General Counsel
About The Position
General Counsel – Job Description
REE Automotive is a pioneering technology company reinventing e-mobility. REE has developed the next generation EV platform ready to carry the future of e-mobility.
Headquartered in Israel and with subsidiaries in the US and Germany, we work with leading automotive players worldwide and technology companies to ensure the development, engineering and manufacturing.
We are looking for a General Counsel to handle all legal aspects and support the company in its hyper growth. The GC will be an experienced corporate and securities attorney with prior experience with publicly traded companies.
In this role, you will provide guidance and support on securities and corporate governance matters as well as commercial and general legal matters. You will be part of the leadership of the company.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, balance legal and business concerns, and draft and negotiate agreements.
- Manage all legal aspects of the company including corporate, securities, commercial, IP, compliance, patents, labor, etc. and lead the legal team both inhouse members and outside counsels.
- Lead and set up the right legal structure required for the company to significantly grow
- Lead commercial negotiations with automotive partners, suppliers, customers
- Manage ongoing securities matters such as SEC reporting and disclosure including review and filing of SEC filings and related documents, including current and periodic reports, proxy statements, registration statements and Section 16 filings.
- In charge of stockholder meeting and corporate governance. Establish and run annual stockholder meeting process and corporate governance program. Assist in monitoring, maintaining and implementing various corporate governance practices and policies.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing public disclosures and corporate communications, including earnings releases, press releases and corporate presentations.
- Support the Board of Directors and its Committees in areas of corporate governance, oversight responsibilities, public disclosure and best practices.
- Assist with implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliant controls.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience as a securities and corporate attorney with substantial subject matter expertise in securities matters including the Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934, corporate governance, public securities offerings, SEC/SOX compliance and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a tech related company which has experienced a hyper growth
- Excellent academic credentials and top tier law firm experience.
- Vast experience is drafting and negotiating legal terms and agreement with OEMs and automotive players
- Having worked in an international fast-pace environment
- Proven prior experience negotiating deals
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking ability
- Strong quantitative capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and very good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel